National Board of Examinations today released a public notice regarding clarification on Maternity and Paternity leave during DNB/ FNB curriculum few days after Association of DNB Doctors (ADD) handed over a representation to the Executive director of NBE regarding Maternity leave. The notification reads as
1. As per the revised leave rules dated 20.03.2018 candidates join on or after 2018 can avail Maternity / Paternity leave, as per the Central or State Government policies, whichever is applicable to DNB/FNB training institute.
2. Any Leave availed by the DNB/FNB Trainee other than the eligible leave mentioned in the revised leave rules dated 20.03.2018, shall lead to extension of DNB /FNB training to complete the prescribed duration of training as mentioned in the information bulletin and registration letter.
3. DNB/FNB trainees are eligible for stipend either during the leave period or extension of training period as per the policies of DNB/FNB training institute and prevailing rules.
4. DNB/FNB trainees are required to complete their training, including the extension of training (wherever applicable), by the prescribed cut-off date, for being eligible to DNB/FNB Exit examination.
5. The eligibility for DNB/FNB Final Examination shall be determined strictly in accordance with the criteria prescribed in the respective information bulletin.
We are thankful to Dr Rashmikant Dave (Honorary Executive director NBE) for quick action and releasing this clarification” Said Dr Jateen Ukrani (President of Association of DNB Doctors). This is a big relief to all DNB and FNB candidates”, He added
Link to NBE Notification (Click Here)
Link to Association of DNB Doctors Website (Click Here)
— Association of DNB Doctors (@Association_DNB) September 4, 2018